New York Film Academy

Is film school worth it? I'm taking the plunge to find out.

Name:
Location: studio city, ca

Aspiring film-maker...

Thursday, December 16, 2004

Holy shit...sorry.

Man, I apologize for not updating. I'll try to update more as time goes by. I've made some more shorts, and been part of tons more. At the moment I'm about to start casting for a horror short I want to direct for the school, if that doesn't go to well, then I'm also working on a Bounty Hunter short. It will be our last film for the 1st Semester, and has a maximum of 10 minutes.

I've been learning a shit load of new stuff also, tons more of editing, crafting my directing style...tons on writing. I wish I can keep up and give day to day updates, but it's hard, there has been times when I haven't even been home for a few days at a time, and time when I actually slept at the school because I was up editing...tough time. When they say they squeeze 3yrs into 1...they aren't lying.

I can't wait for xmas break, I'll do a little writing, but mostly I can spend time with my parents and girlfriend...can't wait.

At the moment I'm trying to find a decent webhost so I can start showing off my work, and work of the other students at NYFA. If you do want to see a short film that got someone some excellent deals with major studios, go to www.triggerstreet.com and look for a film called "Awake", shot on super 16 color.

Once again I'm gonna try to update more often, but I get so tired sometimes and just forget about it :) . I was on the Ring 2 set, the well they use is crazy huge...and I got to see some 2nd unit work on War of the Worlds again, this time they were doing some shooting with a huge spaceship wing that looked like it was broken. Good times.

Oh yea, me and some students are doing some outside school shooting, a parody of the great TV show 24...but instead of hours, our show takes place within 24 minutes of an hour :D , it's been fun...but damn hard to keep track of everything since it has to be in real time. It's been fun doing that, shooting through the weirdest of things handheld...using floating split screen...hehe.

thx to anyone who has been reading...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home