New York Film Academy

Is film school worth it? I'm taking the plunge to find out.

Name:
Location: studio city, ca

Aspiring film-maker...

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

To much time at the theatres...

Friday - Last friday I saw Lemony Snicket with Jim Carrey...good movie, but could of been alot better I thought. Oh well, it was everything I expected...which wasn't that much.

Saturday - I saw The Aviator on saturday. This is absolutely the best movie of the year. Hands down. Everything about this film I loved, I didn't think there would be a movie that would beat my last best film of 2004 (Eternal Sunshine), but this one did it. Great performances all around...and Kate Beckinsale is damn hot as Ava Gardner.

Sunday - Sunday I saw Million Dollar Baby. Once again, an excellent film. Hilary Swank deserves some nominations, and so does Eastwood on the directing side. The boxing matches were intense. At times it felt like a Million Dollar Lifetime film, but I got over it...I love Freemans voice over, he can do a voice over about a guy opening a can of tuna and he'll make it sound intriguing. I got out of the theatre after MDB was over, and then we decided to see The Life Aquatic which started 30 min later. Also a good film, but felt very off at times...I don't know if I like it or not. I think I do like it...not sure, weird huh?

Monday - A Very Long Engagement. Wow!! Holy fucking cinematography. This is the best LOOKING film of the year, not best film...the cinematographer should get some damn kudos. Great stuff. The World War I scenes were also fantastic, it's hard to find fault in this film...especially if you have someone you're involved with :). I definetly need to see this one again, and it goes in my top 5 of the year list. And damn if this movie doesn't have one of the coolest assassins :)

Oh, I saw Patrick Fugit (Almost Famous lead), he was watching very long engagement, with a group of his friends...cool.

I saw 5 films at the theatre in 4 days. I'm god damn crazy...this is my xmas gift (I love movies to fucking much...damnit). Tomorrow we're seeing The Machinist and Meet The Fockers. Yep.

Here is my top 5 of the year so far...

1. The Aviator
2. Eternal Sunshine
3. The Incredibles
4. A Very Long Engagement
5. Kill Bill Volume 2

Now time to get crackin on my zombie-comedy script I'm shooting in 3 weeks *sigh*.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home